Roscommon County, MI – Court documents show that a Michigan woman who was murdered by her husband earlier this month had filed for a restraining order against her husband and been denied, just two weeks before she was killed.
Roscommon County court documents showed that 35-year-old Tirany Savage filed for a personal protection order against her husband, Eugene Savage, in the 34th Circuit Court on June 24, WPBN reported.
She told the court that her husband had repeatedly threatened suicide and refused to leave the family home, NBC News reported.
“I asked him to be civil for a divorce and asked him to leave house and he refuses,” Tirany Savage wrote, according to People.
“I left and have been getting texts accusing me of being with other people and he has now been texting my friends threatening them because he thinks they told me to leave him,” she continued. “He is slamming things around the house and calling me names, telling me he won’t leave and he wants money.”
“He has mental health issues (he stopped taking his meds) and recently purchased a firearm and that is concerning to me. He keeps saying he is going to blow his brains out and I do not want my safety or my son’s safety in jeopardy,” Tirany Savage wrote.
District Court Judge Troy Daniel denied the protection order on June 27, WPBN reported.
“Insufficient evidence of a showing of immediate and irreparable injury, loss or damage. Petitioner can request a restraining order in divorce case,” Daniel wrote in his denial order.
So Tirany Savage filed for divorce on July 7, WPBN reported.
She was dead three days later.
Two unidentified people found the bodies and called 911, People reported.
Roscommon County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the Savages’ home in Roscommon Township at about 3:30 a.m. on July 10, NBC News reported.
Deputies found Tirany and Eugen Savage dead, along with Tirany’s 13-year-old son, Dayton Cowdrey, and her 58-year-old mother, Kim Lynette Ebright.
The sheriff’s department said all of the victims were suffering from gunshot wounds, NBC News reported.
Officials have not said who fired the gun but the killings are being investigated as a murder-suicide scenario, according to deputies.
The Roscommon County Sheriff’s Office said the investigation is ongoing, NBC News reported.