• Search

VIDEO: Stabbing Suspect Steals Police Car, Kills Two Little Girls

Two six-year-old girls were killed when Raymond Walters crashed into their family's van as he fled from police.

Dayton, OH – Two children were killed and at least 10 more people were injured after a man on parole stabbed his father, stole a police SUV, and crashed it into multiple vehicles, including a van carrying seven children in front of a library (video below).

The incident began at about 7:10 p.m. on Monday as Lloyd Walters was attempting to take his son, 32- year-old Raymond Walters Jr., to a hospital for mental health treatment, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl said that when Raymond, who was released from prison on parole for robbery in August, found out where his father was taking him, he attacked the older man and stabbed him multiple times.

Then he stole his father’s pickup truck and fled the scene, WLWT reported.

“One of my friends just said, ‘Some man just got beat up,’ and I ran down the steps,” witness Yolanda Davis said. “He was coming across the street staggering. I said, ‘Come over here and sit down’ because no one would help him, they just kept on riding along.”

Davis said Lloyd had stab wounds to his face and chest, WLWT reported.

“Blood was just pouring like water,” she said. “I said, ‘Who did this to you?’ He said, ‘My son tried to kill me.'”

Raymond crashed his father’s truck into a tree in the 4500-block of Airway Road shortly after he stole it, according to WLWT.

Riverside police responded to a call about the wreck and arrived to find Raymond outside the crashed pickup.

Riverside Police Chief Frank Robinson said responding officers did not know about the stabbing that had just occurred, the Dayton Daily News reported.

When the officer got out of his police SUV to check on Raymond, the suspect jumped behind the wheel of the patrol vehicle.

Witness John Posten said he saw the officer deploy his Taser at Raymond when he refused to get out of the police SUV, the Dayton Daily News reported.

“A Riverside officer tased the suspect in an attempt to stop the theft of the cruiser. The Taser was ineffective, and the suspect fled in the police cruiser,” Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl said, according to WLWT.

Chief Robinson said the officer actually tased Raymond twice but the second time, only one of the prongs hit its target.

Posten said he saw the officer and the suspect fight before the suspect threw the SUV into reverse and fled, backwards, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Cell phone video filmed by a bystander showed the officer, with his Taser drawn, standing at the open front passenger door of a police vehicle.

Just after the video began, there was an audible zap as the officer deployed his Taser.

Then, as another police vehicle approached the scene, the officer stepped back and away from his stolen SUV.

Raymond started reversing away from the officer with the front passenger door open as the video showed the second police SUV caught up and was chasing him, front end to front end, the video showed.

The suspect backed into a parking lot, striking a parked car, and then put the car in the drive and drove forward back onto the street and hit the police car.

Then he sped off toward Dayton, leading police on a chase that exceeded 100 mph at times, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Raymond struck numerous vehicles with the police SUV at 97 mph before he crashed into two vehicles in front of the Dayton Metro Library on Third Street.

Chief Biehl said that one of the vehicles involved in the wreck was a van carrying seven children who had just returned books to the library and were leaving when the stolen police SUV roared up.

Eleanor McBride and Penelope Jasko, both six years old, died later at Dayton Children’s Hospital from injuries suffered when Raymond crashed into their van, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Chief Biehl said a third child was left in critical condition.

Six of the seven children in the van were siblings.

The family’s priest told the Dayton Daily News that the little girls who died were cousins.

Raymond was taken into custody at the accident scene in front of the library and transported to the hospital.

Chief Biehl said that the suspect resisted arrest and fought police as they tried to handcuff him, the Dayton Daily News reported.

Police have not released any information about the suspect’s condition.

Watch video of the suspect stealing the police SUV here below:

Sandy Malone - August Wed, 2019


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."