• Search

VIDEO: Repeat Offender Recorded Randomly Attacking Woman

Isaiah Thompson was arrested on a felony assault charge on Thursday.

Brooklyn, NY – A suspect who attacked a random woman and shoved her face-first into a subway train has been arrested by New York police (video below).

Police said that 28-year-old Isaiah Thompson is also responsible for creating over 700 subway delays in 2019 alone, the New York Post reported.

The unprovoked attack took place at the DeKalb Avenue station at approximately 7:40 p.m. on Wednesday, according to KGO.

Cell phone footage showed Thompson as he hopped around on the platform and shoved at least two other people.

“What! What!” he yelled repeatedly, just before he walked up behind a woman in a white coat.

Thompson gave the petite woman a forceful shove from behind, and sent her flying headfirst into the idling train, the video showed.

The victim collided with the side of the train car with a sickening thud as Thompson fled from the scene through a train tunnel, according to NY1.

The woman did not file a report with police regarding the attack, and was not transported for emergency medical care, KGO reported.

New York transit police immediately identified Thompson as the attacker seen in the video, and arrested him on Thursday afternoon, the New York Post reported.

He has been charged with felony assault, according to NY1.

According to police, Thompson is a repeat offender who has previously been arrested for “surfing” on the outside of a train, and for repeatedly pulling train emergency breaks before running away, NY1 reported.

He also allegedly exposed himself to passengers from a platform in May, the New York Post reported.

Police said Thompson told him that he enjoys “inconveniencing people” and “creating mayhem,” according to the paper.

Altogether, investigators alleged Thompson is responsible for causing over 700 subway delays this year alone.

New York City Transit President Andy Byford said he wants Thompson to be banned from the subway permanently, NY1 reported.

“It’s unacceptable that he be allowed to continue to create mayhem on the subways, mayhem he admits is deliberate, that puts riders’ and MTA employees’ lives at risk,” Byford said.

You can watch cell phone footage of the unprovoked attack in the video below:

Holly Matkin - October Fri, 2019

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."

Sponsored: