• Search

VIDEO: Mob Surrounds, Attacks Chicago Officers, Locks Them Inside House

Three Chicago police officers were assaulted and then locked in a house by the suspects.

Chicago, IL – Three Chicago police officers were taken to a hospital Monday afternoon, after they were assaulted and locked inside an Englewood home by multiple suspects.

Chicago Code Blue posted video of the tail-end of the incident to Facebook (video below.)

The incident began at approximately 2:40 p.m. on Oct. 8, when a suspect spit in an officer’s face in the 700-block of South Throop, WGN reported.

As the officers were taking the suspect into custody, another individual slammed a two-by-four board into the back of the head of one of the officers.

The second offender then fled into a residence, with two officers close behind.

That’s where the video starts.

Cell phone footage showed two officers as they struggled to gain control over a man in a torn white tank top and red shorts.

Another male wearing silver shorts appeared to pull on an officer’s ballistic vest from behind, while the officer was actively trying to restrain the initial suspect.

“Hey close that door. Lock that door,” a male voice said in the video.

“Let him go, po,” he told the officers, who had shoved the combative male into a corner and were wrestling with him on the ground.

One of the officers drew his weapon and ordered the offenders to back away.

“I ain’t leaving,” one of the occupants in the house said. “I want you to let that b–ch blow.”

“Blow that b–ch!” another person in the house began screaming repeatedly. “Shoot that b–ch!”

While one officer appeared to place the first suspect into handcuffs, the second officer kept his weapon drawn in a low-ready position.

“You’re too scared!” they began taunting the officers, whose only accessible exit appeared to be a closed window behind them.

A window across the room suddenly shattered from the outside, the video showed.

Several males, including the man recording the scene, quickly rushed out the back door of the residence.

Two of the men took off through the back yard, but the cameraman appeared unable to resist filming what was happening inside the house, and hovered near that back door.

A moment later, other officers burst out of the residence through the back door and ordered the cameraman to get onto the ground.

Five people were taken into custody, and three people were ultimately arrested for their roles in the incident, Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, according to WBBM.

Senneca Traylor, 19, was charged with two counts of resisting and obstructing a peace officer, as well as four counts of aggravated battery to a police officer.

Janice Lewis, 20, was charged with a single count of aggravated battery to a police officer.

Robert Williams, 28, was charged with one count of resisting and obstructing a peace officer and two counts of unlawful restraint.

The trio’s bond hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

The nature of the officers’ injuries was not disclosed. All three were treated at a hospital and released.

Chicago Police Department told Blue Lives Matter on Tuesday afternoon that they would not be releasing any more details until at least Wednesday.

You can watch cell phone footage of the harrowing scene in the video below:

Holly Matkin - October Tue, 2018


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."