• Search

VIDEO: George Floyd Bodycam Footage Leaked Online

By Sandy Malone and Christopher Berg

Minneapolis, MN – Bodycam footage from the arrest of George Floyd has leaked out, despite a judge’s order prohibiting the release of the video.

The Daily Mail obtained an illicitly recorded copy of the video from the May 25 incident. (video below).

Judge Peter Cahill had previously ordered that that the video could be privately viewed by the public starting on July 15, but no copies of the video were allowed to be released to the public.

A Hennepin County District Court spokesman told Fox News that law enforcement is investigating the leak.

The video starts with Officer Thomas Lane contacting Floyd as he say in a vehicle.

Floyd ignored commands from the officer to show his hands, and appeared to be reaching around in his car.

Officer lane drew his gun and repeatedly ordered Floyd to show his hands and Floyd continued to dig around.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” Floyd told the officer after showing his hands. “God dang man. Man, I got shot the same way, Mr. Officer, before.”

Floyd started sobbing and begged the officer not to shoot him as he resisted being pulled out of the car.

The officer finally convinced him to step out while Floyd continued to resist being handcuffed.

Floyd’s ex, Shawanda Hill, called out to Floyd to stop resisting.

Once Floyd was handcuffed, Officer Lane asked Hill if Floyd was drunk.

“No, he’s got a thing going on,” Hill said while making a circular motion at the side of her head.

The officers walked Floyd over to a patrol car while he denied being on drugs.

At the car, Floyd continued his erratic behavior and begged not to go in the car because he’s claustrophobic.

Floyd resisted being placed in the back of the patrol car while screaming, “I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die, man.”

“I just had COVID, man, I don’t wanna go into that,” Floyd said.

The officers tried to reason with Floyd as he sobbed that he was claustrophobic and had anxiety.

Officer Lane moved to the other side of the car and pulled Floyd into the car while Floyd screamed, “I can’t breathe,” and begged the officers to stop.

Floyd was crying out about his wrists hurting when he suddenly he lurched back to the edge of the doorway.

“I want to lay on the ground,” Floyd repeatedly told the officers.

“I’m going down” Floyd said. “I can’t breathe.”

The officer then moved him to the ground and held him down.

The bodycam video which The Daily Mail uploaded to YouTube then ends.

Viral cell phone video showed then-Officers Chauvin, Kueng, and Lane holding Floyd on the ground while Officer Tou Thao kept the crowd from advancing on the officers.

The video showed Officer Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck for almost nine minutes, during which time the suspect lost consciousness.

Chauvin remained on Floyd’s neck for almost three minutes after he was unresponsive.

Floyd was pronounced dead 90 minutes later at the hospital.

After three days of violent riots and looting that left Minneapolis and its sister city, St. Paul, in flames, the state investigative agency announced it making an arrest even though the medical examiner’s preliminary report found no physical evidence that Floyd had suffered from asphyxiation or strangulation at the hands of the Minneapolis police, according to charging documents.

The charging documents state, “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

Floyd’s family released an independent autopsy report by veteran forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden on June 1 that disputed that information and said the man died of asphyxiation much in the same way Eric Garner allegedly died from a choke hold in New York in 2014, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

The Eric Garner autopsy report showed no damage to any area of his neck, and it was determined that he died of a medical emergency induced by officers who were arresting him. The medical examiner declared it was a homicide, but a grand jury refused to indict the officer on the theory that officers caused Garners death by arresting him.

But the final autopsy findings released by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s office hours later confirmed that Floyd had died from heart failure.

“Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression,” Floyd’s autopsy said. “Manner of death: Homicide.”

“How injury occurred: Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s),” the report continued. “Other significant conditions: Arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; recent methamphetamine use.”

The toxicology results showing fentanyl and methamphetamine directly contradicted assertions by the forensic pathologist that Floyd’s family’s attorneys hired to dispute the initial medical examiner’s report.

Protests erupted in the Twin Cities after Floyd’s death, leaving both Minneapolis and the state’s capital of St. Paul burned, looted, and destroyed.

Rioters overran and torched the Minneapolis Police Department’s 3rd Precinct where the officers accused of Floyd’s homicide were assigned.

Written by
Christopher Berg

Editor-in-Chief: Twitter/@SnarkyCop. Christopher left his job as a police officer to manage The Police Tribune to provide context to the public about police incidents. Before becoming a police officer, he worked as a law enforcement dispatcher trainer.

View all articles
Written by Christopher Berg


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."