• Search

VIDEO: Fur Missile Ends 9-hour Standoff With Barricaded Fugitive

A fugitive wanted on multiple weapons and drug charges was apprehended following a nine-hour standoff on Tuesday.

Signal Hill, CA – Aerial footage captured the moment when a K9 officer ended a nine-hour standoff with a wanted suspect who had barricaded himself inside a garage (video below).

The incident began at approximately 7 a.m. on Tuesday, after a Signal Hill resident called police to report that their wanted family member showed up at their home, the Long Beach Post News reported.

The unnamed 32-year-old suspect had multiple warrants for his arrest in relation to firearm, drug, and domestic violence offenses, Signal Hill Police Department (SHPD) Lieutenant Kelli Crigler told the paper.

When officers arrived at the Dawson Avenue home, the suspect refused to comply with their orders and barricaded himself inside a detached garage, the Long Beach Post News reported.

Police evacuated his family from the home and attempted to coax the fugitive out of the garage, but he refused.

A SWAT team with an armored truck was ultimately dispatched to the residence and they attempted to communicate with the suspect throughout the day, the Long Beach Post News reported.

Officers deployed a flash-bang at approximately 12 p.m., but he still refused to budge.

Officers evacuated neighboring homes, and ultimately called a second SWAT team at about 1 p.m.

Approximately three hours later, police deployed tear gas into the garage in order to drive the fugitive outside, KCBS reported.

The plan worked, but the suspect still refused to comply with their orders.

He grabbed a hose and appeared to be trying to douse himself with water when police struck him with a single rubber bullet, Lt. Crigler told the Press-Telegram.

The suspect abruptly fell to the ground as a police K9 raced up behind him, aerial footage showed.

The K9 immediately latched onto him, and kept him pinned to the ground as the suspect tried in vain to push him away.


Get your Warrior 12 Fur Missile shirt HERE.

The SWAT team moved in a moment later and placed him under arrest.

He was subsequently transported to the hospital for treatment for his k9 bite injuries, KCBS reported.

You can watch aerial footage of the K9’s takedown in the video below:

Holly Matkin - December Tue, 2019


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."