Washington, DC – A stunning interview with former U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund by former FOX News host Tucker Carlson about the capital riot that was never aired was leaked to the public and revealed that the man responsible for keeping the Capitol complex safe was left out of the Jan. 6 intelligence loop (see video below)
The interview, which had been slated to air in April just before Carlson was terminated by FOX, never ran on the news.
After it was leaked, Carlson invited the former Capitol police top cop to be interviewed by him again on his X show.
Sund was the top cop for the U.S. Capital Police on Jan. 6, 2021, when protesters pushed their way into the U.S. Capitol building.
According to the former police chief, other law enforcement agencies, government officials, and intelligence agencies had information that there was potential for violence but did not share that information with then-Chief Sund, who was responsible for keeping the complex safe.
“If I was allowed to do my job as a chief, we wouldn’t be here,” Sund told Carlson. “This didn’t have to happen. Everything appears to be a cover-up.”
Sund said he had requested assistance from the National Guard ahead of the event and had been denied because lawmakers didn’t like the way it would look, Newsweek reported.
The former Capitol police chief said he requested help from the National Guard when the riot began but was repeatedly denied access to the resource.
Sund said he argued in favor of using the DC National Guard for 71 minutes before anybody did anything about it, Newsweek reported.
Then it took another three hours for the guardsman to arrive at the melee despite the fact they had already been activated in the city ahead of the event.
“You’re in a fight, a fight for a couple of minutes wears you out,” the former chief said. “Let me tell you, it wears you out.”
Sund told Carlson that he’s not a conspiracy theorist but that a number of things from the capitol riot didn’t make sense.
For example, he said the New Jersey State Police beat the National Guard to the Capitol that day.
Sund said the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and DC Metropolitan Police all had information that could have prevented the chaos from erupting.
He said he later learned there had been discussions about revoking permits that had been issued for rallies and other events on the National Mall and Capitol complex that day, but that he’d never been included in them even though Sund was the one who had issued the permits.
“It’s sad when you start putting everything together and thinking about the way this played out,” Sund told Carlson. “It gets concerning. What was their end goal?”
He said at the same time the decision was made on Jan. 4, 2021, not to let the National Guard be a part of the security force at the Capitol two days later, U.S. military intelligence was providing data to analysts at multiple federal law enforcement agencies that sparked a discussion about shutting down the entire city the day former President Donald Trump’s rally was scheduled on the Ellipse.
Sund said there was no coordination and no discussion and the intelligence given to the agencies actually trying to keep the Capitol complex safe was “watered down” from what the federal agencies knew. https://policetribune.com/riot-hearing-police-chiefs-claims-they-never-saw-fbi-alert-about-capitol-protesters-coming-for-war/
“It wasn’t right. The way the intelligence was handled and the way we were set up on the Hill,” he said.
Watch Carlson interview Sund the first and second times here below:
JUST IN: Leaked footage from an interview with former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund reveals that many federal agents were in the crowd on January 6th.
The footage has been hidden from the public by Fox News.
Sund, who believes Jan 6 is a “cover up” says there was a total of… pic.twitter.com/khlySpmgzp
— Collin Rugg (@CollinRugg) August 4, 2023
Ep. 15 Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund reveals what really happened on January 6th. Our Fox News interview with him never aired, so we invited him back. pic.twitter.com/opDlu4QGlp
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) August 10, 2023