• Search

VIDEO: Cops Tell Man To Drop Knife, He Tells Them ‘Suck My D–k’; He’s Dead Now

Ansonia police fatally shot a domestic violence suspect who greeted them with a carving knife.

Ansonia, CT – Connecticut State Police have released bodycam footage from an officer-involved shooting of a man who was violating a protective order in Ansonia (video below).

The incident began first thing in the morning on Jan. 2 when a woman showed up at the Ansonia Police Department to report that her physically-abusive boyfriend was violating a protective order, WVIT reported.

Police went to a home on Myrtle Avenue at about 7:30 p.m. to arrest 30-year-old Michael Gregory for violating the protective order, WFSB reported.

Bodycam video showed that when the officers arrived at the home, they found the door into the kitchen unlocked.

When nobody responded to their knocks, an officer opened the door to find Gregory walking toward them, the video showed.

The officer told him to come outside.

“I’m not coming out. You’re going to have to shoot me,” Gregory replied.

Then he walked up to the kitchen counter and helped himself to a big carving knife, the video showed.

“C’mon man, you don’t want to do that,” the officer told him.

“You’re gonna have to shoot me,” Gregory repeated.

He repeated the phrase over and over, getting louder each time.

“No, we’re not playing this game,” the officer told the armed suspect in the video.

“You’re going to have to f–king shoot me,” Gregory yelled.

“Dude, let’s just have a conversation,” the officer suggested.

“Oh, let’s have a conversation, oh so I can arrest you. Suck my d–k. You’re going to have to shoot me to arrest me. Suck my d–k!” the agitated suspect told police.

“Put the knife down,” the officer ordered him in the video.

“I’m not putting s–t down,” Gregory replied.

“Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!” he continued in the video. “Shoot me or run up on me. Shoot me or run up on me. That’s exactly how it’s gonna go.”

“You’re going to have to shoot me or run up on me,” Gregory told the officers several more times as he advanced toward the in the doorway.

Then he reached over and slammed the kitchen door shut in the officers’ faces and locked it, the video showed.

Bodycam video showed an officer kicking the door open.

The officers entered the kitchen and the video showed Gregory had disappeared behind a bedroom door, but he continued taunting them, the video showed.

The officers asked Gregory to open the door but again, he told them they were going to have to shoot him.

Video showed that the first time an officer kicked that door open, Gregory slammed it back shut.

So the officer kicked the door open harder and another officer immediately deployed a Taser on Gregory, the video showed.

The suspect did not appear to be affected by the less-lethal weapon and ran out of the bedroom and across the kitchen toward an officer with a knife in his right hand, with Taser wires streaming behind him.

Officers ordered Gregory to drop his weapon and when he failed to comply, one officer opened fire, the video showed.

He was taken to the hospital where he died, WFSB reported.

The Western District Major Crime Squad Unit of the Connecticut State Police and the Danbury State’s Attorney’s Office are investigating the officer-involved shooting, WVIT reported.

The officers who were involved in the incident have been placed on paid administrative leave, as is protocol for all officer-involved shootings.

Watch the incident unfold in the video below. WARNING – Language and graphic content:

Sandy Malone - January Fri, 2020


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."