• Search

Suspect Arrested 3 Times In Just 16 Hours After Being Released Without Bail

Glendale, CA – Glendale police arrested the same suspect three times in a matter of 16 hours, partially due to the county’s lenient bail policies.

Officers first dealt with 47-year-old James Langdon shortly after 3 a.m. of Feb. 13 when they spotted him pacing around a parking lot in the area of Louise Street and Colorado Street, the Glendale Police Department (GPD) said in a press release on Feb. 17.

Langdon suddenly darted out of the parking lot and took off running across a crosswalk in violation of the solid “Don’t Walk” sign, according to police.

When the officers tried to stop him, the suspect allegedly attempted to run away.

Police chased him down and got into a “brief struggle” with him prior to arresting him for obstruction, according to the GPD.

Langdon asked for medical attention before being booked into jail, so he was transported to the local hospital and given a notice to appear in court.

GPD’s second encounter of the day with Langdon occurred at about 9:30 a.m., after they were called to a business in the 1400-block of East Chevy Chase Drive for a report of a trespasser.

When they arrived, they discovered Langdon had been using a screwdriver in an attempt to gain access to a closed portion of the business, the GPD said.

He was intercepted by an employee.

Langdon was arrested on a trespassing charge, but was released from jail within just three hours due to Los Angeles County’s emergency “Zero-Dollar” bail order, according to the press release.

He was issued another notice to appear in court for that offense.

Just a few hours after walking out of jail, Langdon allegedly broke into an apartment located in the 600-block of Balboa Avenue, the GPD said.

The residents of the apartment contacted police shortly before 7 p.m. and said they’d returned home to find their door ajar and that someone had moved items inside their home.

They further noted that they could hear a man yelling inside the apartment.

Police responded to the scene and spotted Langdon walking in a hallway of the building.

When he saw the officers, Langdon allegedly spun around and took off back into the victim’s unoccupied apartment.

He locked himself inside, prompting the GPD to call out members of the Burbank Police Department’s K9 unit to hep assist at the scene, according to the press release.

Police attempted to negotiate with Langdon, but he refused to come out.

Officers ultimately forced their way into the home discovered the suspect had barricaded himself in a bedroom, according to police.

The suspect surrendered shortly thereafter and was arrested on charges of felony vandalism and burglary.

Investigators said he caused over $6,000 in damages to the apartment complex and the victim’s apartment, according to the press release.

He remained in jail on $150,000 bond on Thursday morning, KTLA reported.

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."