• Search

Sarah Palin Calls Cops As Son Attacks His Father – Leads To Standoff

Sarah Palin's oldest son was arrested after he attacked his father and had a standoff with the police.

Dec 18, 2017​

Wasilla, AK – Sarah Palin’s oldest son was arrested over the weekend for beating his father bloody.

Track Palin was charged with felony burglary, assault in the fourth degree and criminal mischief, according to court records.

The Anchorage Daily News reported that Sarah Palin called 911 on Saturday just after 8:30 p.m. to report her son was “freaking out and was on some type of medication,” according to a sworn affidavit filed in court by Wasilla Police Officer Adam LaPointe.

Police said that Track went to his parents’ home to argue with his father, Todd Palin, over a truck. Todd told his son not to come because he’d be drinking and taking pain medication, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

“Track told him he was [going to] come anyway to beat his ass,” Officer LaPointe wrote in the police report.

Todd told the officer he got out his pistol to “protect his family,” and greeted his eldest son with the gun when he came to the door, according to the affidavit.

Track broke a window and came through it, disarmed his father, and took him to the ground, the report stated. Track began hitting his father on the head.

Todd escaped and left the house after suffering injuries to his face and head.

Police said Todd was bleeding from several cuts on his head, and had liquid coming from his ear when they encountered him and Sarah, in two separate vehicles, leaving the house as they arrived.

Officer LaPointe said officers could see blood running down Todd’s face, and that Sarah was “visibly upset.”

He said officers learned Track was alone in the house, and they could hear yelling coming from inside.

Police called to for Track to come out, and he came out the partly open front door, according to the affidavit.

Officer LaPointe said that Track stood on the front porch yelling and calling the police officers “peasants.”

He went back inside, upstairs, and out through a window onto the garage roof.

“He moved around in a strange manner and assumed a prone position just behind the roof line in what appeared to be an attempt to locate officers on the property,” Officer LaPointe wrote.

Then Track went back inside. Fifteen minutes later, he went back outside to talk to the officers, and was arrested without incident.

Track was arrested on domestic violence charges of felony first-degree burglary and misdemeanor criminal mischief and fourth-degree assault. The criminal mischief charge was for causing $250 to $999 in property damage, NBC News reported.

Over the weekend, a judge set bail at $5,000 cash and release to a third-party custodian. He was still in custody at the Mat-Su Pretrial Facility as of Monday morning.

Track was already serving two years of probation on a plea deal stemming from a January 2016 domestic violence incident with his girlfriend at the family home.

He pleaded guilty to a weapons charge that was adjudicated through Anchorage Veterans Court.

Track had served with the 25th Infantry Division’s 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team and was deployed to Iraq for a year.

SandyMalone - December Mon, 2017


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."