• Search

Newlywed Texas Man Decapitated Bride, Left Her Head In Shower

Houston, TX – A Houston man is behind bars after he allegedly stabbed and decapitated his new bride and tossed her head into their shower.

Waller County Sheriff’s Office (WCSO) deputies responded to the 200-block of Oak Hollow Boulevard at approximately 4:35 p.m. on Jan. 11 after receiving a report of a “possible death” at that location, the department said in a press release the following day.

Investigators said the call was placed by the parents of 21-year-old Jared Dicus, KPRC reported.

Dicus’ parents told deputies that their son and his new wife, 21-year-old Anggy Diaz, were living together in a small cabin behind their residence.

They said they became concerned after Dicus came to their house and made a statement that caused them to go check the cabin, according to the WCSO.

They stumbled upon Diaz’s body and immediately called 911, KPRC reported.

“Upon receiving the call, reporting deputies advised they had arrived and discovered a deceased female in a small residential structure located behind the main residence,” the WCSO said. “Deputies advised the female’s body had been mutilated.”

According to court documents, deputies located Diaz’s decapitated body on the floor next to a bed inside the cabin, KPRC reported.

She was lying in a pool of blood and had been stabbed repeatedly in the back, investigators said.

Deputies said they also located “what appeared to be the head of the victim” in the shower, according to KRIV.

Waller County Sheriff Troy Guidry said Dicus used a kitchen knife to murder his wife.

“It was a portion of a body dismembered and a residence that was covered in blood. So, a gruesome scene at best,” Sheriff Guidry said, according to FOX News. “Everything happened on the property. And all parts and pieces were recovered and submitted for evidence.”

Security footage showed that after the murder, Dicus went to the convenience store where his wife worked, grabbed a beer from the cooler, and walked out without paying, KRIV reported.

He opened the can out in the parking lot and took a swig before getting into a vehicle, the video showed.

Deputies detained Dicus at the cabin.

“The husband was interviewed and gave a full confession, admitting to the murder of his wife,” according to the WCSO.

A motive was not immediately released.

Dicus has been charged with murder and his bond was initially set at $500,000, KRIV reported.

However, District Attorney Sean G. Whittmore argued that was not high enough given “heinous nature” of Diaz’s decapitation, KHOU reported.

Whittmore also pointed out Dicus’ “violent behavior” when he was arrested for DWI about two months before he allegedly decapitated his wife.

Court records showed that Dicus threatened a Magnolia police officer and members of the Montgomery County Jail staff on that occasion, KHOU reported.

“The defendant continued to exhibit mood swings and violent behavior including punching windows, until he was ultimately placed in a restraint chair for the execution of a blood warrant,” Whittmore said.

Waller County Judge Trey Duhon said he conducted the couple’s marriage in October of 2022, according to KPRC.

Diaz, who hailed from Nicaragua, was working two jobs to help cover her mother’s cancer treatments back home when she was killed, her friends told KHOU.

Sheriff Guidry said Dicus was free on bond for a drunk-driving offense at the time of Diaz’s murder, KHOU reported.

That incident occurred in November of last year, when Dicus allegedly began arguing with Whataburger employees at approximately 2 a.m.

According to court documents, the suspect became irate in the drive-thru over paying with Apple Pay and tried to go into the business at one point, KHOU reported.

“He was so belligerent that they locked him out,” one officer’s report read.

Police responded to the scene and located an open bottle of Bud Light in the console of Dicus’ car, according to KHOU.

He also allegedly admitted that he had consumed painkillers, but he claimed he was unable to tell the officer what type of painkillers he took, according to court documents.

Dicus was arrested on a DWI charge and was released on $1,000 bond, KHOU reported.

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."