• Search

NBA Star’s Wife Releases Pics, Video After His Domestic Violent Arrest

Los Angeles, CA – National Basketball Association (NBA) star Miles Bridges was arrested for domestic violence on Wednesday and his wife has released photos of her injuries and a video of their son describing the attack.

Police sources said the incident occurred on Tuesday when Bridges got into an argument with a woman that turned physical, TMZ reported.

Officers responded to the scene but the six-foot, seven-inch, 225-pound professional basketball player had already left.

Sources told TMZ that the woman required medical attention after the incident.

Bridges turned himself in to the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) on Wednesday afternoon.

Sources said he was booked on felony domestic violence charges, according to TMZ.

The NBA star’s bail was set at $130,000 and he was later released from custody.

LAPD has not yet released any details on the charges against Bridges.

But Bridge’s wife, Mychelle Johnson, filled in holes with a lengthy social media post late on Thursday night that included pictures of the injuries she allegedly suffered at the hands of her much-larger husband.

“I hate that it has come to this but I can’t be silent anymore,” Johnson wrote on her Instagram. I’ve allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way possible and traumatize our kids for life. I have nothing to prove to the world, but I won’t allow anyone who could do something so horrible to have no remorse and paint a picture of something I’m not.”

“I won’t allow the people around him to continue to silence me and continue to lie to protect this person,” the NBA star’s wife continued. “It’s unethical, it’s immoral, it’s truly SICK. It hurts my heart because I’ve always had hope, and so much love and as scary as this is for me to do it’s time I stand up for myself.”

“I won’t be silent to protect others anymore because I value myself and my kids more than anyones ‘image’.… a fracture nose, wrist, torn eardrum, torn muscles in my neck from being choked until i went to sleep and a severe concussion,” she listed her injuries in the post.

“I don’t need sympathy, I just don’t want this happening to anyone else, I just want this person to get help, my kids deserve better,” Johnson wrote.

“That’s all i want. It hurts, everything hurts, this situation hurts, most importantly I’m scared and hurting for my kids who were witness to everything. Please respect my families privacy and stop with the disgusting rumors and allegations,” Bridge’s wife finished the post.

She included pictures of her bruised face, arm, back, and legs, as well as one that showed dried blood that appeared to have trickled from her ear.

The report from the emergency room that Johnson posted said that she had been strangled, suffered a concussion and a broken nose, and had bruises pretty much everywhere.

Johnson also posted a heart-breaking video of a virtual conversation between the couple’s little boy and someone he called “MomMom.”

The video showed the child told her that “daddy choked mommy.”

Then the child told his grandmother that he hit his father and told him to “be nice.”

MomMom asked the little boy where his mommy’s phone was and he replied that his daddy had thrown it out the window, the video showed.

He told his grandmother that his daddy had also thrown Johnson’s shoes out the window but assured her that he had “smacked him because he wasn’t being nice.”

Bridges, who most recently played for the Charlotte Hornets, became a restricted free agent on Thursday and was expected to get a massive contract in the near future, ESPN reported.

The basketball player also raps under the name “RTB MB.”

Bridges spent his first four seasons in the NBA playing for the Charlotte Hornets, ESPN reported.

He was the team’s leading scorer last season.

“The Charlotte Hornets are aware of the situation involving Miles Bridges,” the team said in a statement released on June 30. “We are in the process of gathering additional information. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Bridges was expected to command top offers from other teams when his free agency begins but the Hornets have extended him a qualifying offer that allows them to match any offer made by another team, ESPN reported.

“As an organization, we love Miles,” Hornets General Manager Mitch Kupchak said Tuesday. “We are going to bring him back. He has been great for the franchise, and I believe, with his work ethic, he’s only going to get better.”

Written by
Sandy Malone

Managing Editor - Twitter/@SandyMalone_ - Prior to joining The Police Tribune, Sandy wrote the Politics.Net column for the Wall Street Journal and was managing editor of Campaigns & Elections magazine. More recently, she was an internationally-syndicated columnist for Conde Nast (BRIDES), The Huffington Post, and Monsters and Critics. Sandy is married to a retired police captain and former SWAT commander.

View all articles
Written by Sandy Malone

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."

Sponsored: