• Search

Murder Suspect Arrested After Calling Cops About His McDonald’s Fries Being Cold

Kennesaw, GA – A murder suspect who was wanted for failing to show up at court was apprehended earlier this month after he called police to complain about his cold McDonald’s order.

The argument between 24-year-old Antoine Sims and staff at the McDonald’s restaurant on Cobb Parkway erupted on Aug. 5 after Sims became upset about his fries being too cold, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Sims later told police that he wasn’t given a receipt when he and his fiancé placed their order, so they didn’t know their order number, bodycam footage showed.

“I guess our order was called, but we don’t even know our order number,” he explained. “So now our food is sitting there cold.”

Sims said he went to retrieve their order and discovered his fries were only “lukewarm,” so he asked the manager to replace them with a fresh batch of fries, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The manager offered Sims a refund, but he turned that offer down because the money would not appear back in his account for several days, according to the New York Daily News.

Members of the McDonald’s crew told police that Sims cursed at them and ultimately threw his food and drink at them during the confrontation.

Both Sims and a restaurant employee called police as the situation escalated.

“I don’t ever want him back here,” the manager told officers when they arrived at the scene, according to the New York Daily News. “I mean, dude’s obviously on probation (out on bond) — got an ankle bracelet on.”

As police were investigating the incident, they asked dispatch to check the names of those involved using state and national crime databases, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Sims became increasingly “agitated” as the checks continued and he repeatedly asked the officers to let him get into his girlfriend’s vehicle, bodycam footage showed.

Police ultimately asked him to sign a trespass notice indicating he understood that he would not be allowed to return to the restaurant, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

But Sims grabbed the paperwork and began walking away.

“I’m afraid of y’all,” he declared. “I just did three years, sir. I’m afraid of y’all, sir.”

The suspect then took off running across Cobb Parkway towards an apartment complex on North Roberts Road, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

It turned out Sims was out on bond for a 2019 murder charge and that a warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to show up to court.

Police said they were able to track him down after a resident at the apartment complex called police to report that someone was trying to break into an apartment on the third floor, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Officers ended up tasing Sims after a brief foot pursuit, bodycam footage showed.

The suspect was later booked into jail on charges of criminal trespass and obstruction or hindering law enforcement, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

During a search of his fiancé’s vehicle, investigators allegedly located evidence of drug distribution as well as 31 grams of marijuana, resulting in him being charged with an additional count of possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.

Sims was also arrested on the outstanding warrant related to the murder charge.

That case stemmed from an incident in October of 2018, during which Adelisa Muratovic was fatally shot in the midst of an alleged drug deal, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Investigators said they believe Muratovic and two men went to an apartment to purchase drugs from Sims that day – possibly with the intention of robbing him.

Muratovic was sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle when the groups started exchanging gunfire, according to police.

She was fatally wounded during the shootout, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Investigators said Sims jumped behind the wheel of the car and drove it to a subdivision in Lawrenceville before setting it ablaze with Muratovic’s body still inside.

The burning vehicle was found at approximately 3:30 a.m. the following day, according to police.

Sims was among three suspects arrested on felony murder charges in connection with Muratovic’s death, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

He was apprehended in Wisconsin in 2019 and remained incarcerated until February, when a judge granted him a $275,000 bond.

Sims then skipped out on his scheduled court hearing in July, resulting in the warrant being issued for his arrest, the New York Daily News reported.

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."