• Search

Man Who Shot McDonald’s Worker Over Cold Fries Also Charged With Murder In Second Shooting

Brooklyn, NY – A McDonald’s worker was shot in the neck on Monday night after a woman became upset over her fries being too cold.

The incident occurred at the fast-food restaurant located at 1531 Fulton Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant at approximately 7 p.m. on Aug. 1, the New York Post reported.

A customer, Lisa Fulmore, was FaceTiming with her 20-year-old son, Michael Morgan, when she allegedly became irate over her fries being too cold.

“The fries were cold,’’ Fulmore told the New York Post. “I asked the girl to change the French fries because the fries was cold. She went to the French fry machine for maybe 10 seconds and brought back fries, so I thought they was new fries, so I had left.”

But as she began eating her food, Fulmore said she realized the fries were still cold.

She said she went back to the restaurant to confront the worker.

“I asked her, ‘Why would you give me the same fries and just put one or two on top to make me think that you gave me new fries?’” Fulmore told the New York Post. “She started laughing, and all of them started laughing, acting like it’s funny.”

“So now I’m arguing with them back and forth,” she continued. “The boy where they cook the food at was like, ‘You got all this food in your teeth’…So I said, ‘You wanna take it out? You’re saying I got all this food in my teeth, you wanna take it out?’”

Fulmore noted that she was on FaceTime with her son at that point.

“I was like, ‘They in this McDonald’s playing with me,’” she told the New York Post. “I was like, ‘I got kids their age, I’m not going to sit here and keep arguing with these little kids.’”

That’s when Morgan told her he was on his way to the restaurant.

When he arrived a moment later, Morgan told one of the workers to come outside with him, Fulmore told the New York Post.

The employee was later identified as 23-year-old Matthew Jeremiah Webb.

“The mom complained that her fries were cold,’’ a police source told the New York Post. “The mom was on FaceTime with her son, and he heard the dispute between her and the clerk. The son and the clerk got into a dispute inside, and it went outside.”

Investigators said Morgan’s girlfriend, 18-year-old Camellia Dunlap, handed Morgan a gun, which he then used to shoot Webb in the neck in front of the restaurant, the New York Post reported.

Webb’s coworkers immediately surrounded him and called police, witnesses told the paper.

“A man took off his shirt and put it on the neck to try to stop the bleeding,” one person said. “[The victim’s] right eye was swollen shut.”

“I saw the guy lying on the sidewalk. He was on his back,’’ another witness said. “Blood was running from his neck area onto the sidewalk.”

The witness told the New York Post that Webb couldn’t speak after he was shot.

“He was just shaking. His chest was heaving. He was still breathing when they put him on the stretcher,” the witness said.

Webb was rushed to Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn, where he remained in extremely critical condition on Tuesday, the New York Post reported.

Investigators said they recovered a single 9mm casing at the scene.

Sources said the shooting was captured by a security camera, according to the New York Post.

Fulmore told the New York Post that she still isn’t convinced her son was the shooter.

“I don’t even know if my son did that,” she said. “The only thing I know is that my son was arguing with the boy and the boy did go out looking for my son.”

Fulmore noted that whatever occurred wasn’t Morgan’s fault.

“There was no reason for [Webb] to go outside looking for somebody,” she told the New York Post. “Whatever happened outside, you caused that to happen.”

“My son is just saying that he gotta do what he gotta do and [Webb] came after him and whatever happened, happened,’” she added.

Morgan was taken into custody shortly after the shooting and has been charged with attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon, the New York Post reported.

But his list of charges didn’t stop there.

Investigators said Morgan has also confessed to the October, 2020 murder of Kevin Holloman, who was shot three times, the New York Post reported.

That shooting occurred just blocks away from the location where Webb was shot.

Morgan has been charged with murder and possession of a loaded firearm in connection with Holloman’s death.

Despite his youth, he also has multiple prior arrests as an adult, including an assault and theft of services in 2018 and grand larceny in 2019, the New York post reported.

Dunlap was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a firearm for allegedly passing the gun off to Morgan before Webb was shot, the New York Post reported.

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."