• Search

Hero Down: DC Metropolitan Sgt. Tony Mason, Jr. Assassinated In Baltimore During Cease Fire

Sgt. Mason was in a vehicle with a woman, when an unknown suspect shot them without provocation.

West Baltimore, MD – DC Metropolitan Police Sgt. Tony Mason, Jr., age 40, was found shot to death early Saturday morning, November 4, in what police are calling “an unprovoked attack.”

He was off-duty at the time.

The incident occurred about 12:45 AM in the 2800 block of Elgin Ave., according to The Baltimore Sun.

Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the Pannish/Bradway Avenue neighborhood. When they arrived, they found two shooting victims.

The first victim was identified as Sgt. Mason, who was found with multiple gunshot wounds. He was transported to a local hospital where he later died.

The second victim, a 43-year-old woman, was found with a gunshot wound to her leg, and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

Police believe that Sgt. Mason and the woman were sitting in the vehicle when an unknown suspect approached it and opened fire.

The suspect then fled the scene, and has not been located.

Baltimore activists had called for a ceasefire for all violence during the weekend, November 3-5, after the homicide rate for the city had reached 300 homicides for the third year in a row, according to CBS Baltimore.

The Baltimore Police Department is asking for the public’s assistance in locating the suspect. Anyone with information is urged to call detectives at 410-396-2100 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7Lockup. Tips can also be texted to 443-902-4824.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of DC Metropolitan Police Sgt. Tony Mason, Jr., both blood and blue. Godspeed, sir, we will take the watch from here. Thank you for your service.

Sgt. Mason, your life mattered.

GinnyReed - November Sat, 2017


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."