• Search

Fugitive Leads Oklahoma Police On High-Speed Chase To Jail Parking Lot

Oklahoma City, OK – A fugitive wanted on drug charges led police on a lengthy high-speed chase that ultimately ended right in the parking lot of the local jail on Wednesday morning.

The bizarre pursuit began at approximately 11 a.m. on March 8 as Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO) deputies were trying to arrest 41-year-old Devin Kiser on an outstanding warrant, KFOR reported.

Kiser was wanted on outstanding drug possession charges, according to KOKH.

Deputies spotted the suspect in the area of MacArthur Boulevard and Northwest 39th Expressway and tried to initiate a traffic stop, but he allegedly refused to pull over, KFOR reported.

“While they were trying to execute that warrant, the suspect spotted them first and then proceeded to drive off,” Oklahoma County Sheriff Tommie Johnson told the news outlet.

Kiser’s passenger managed to bail out of the vehicle before the driver proceeded to lead deputies on a 20-minute chase into downtown Oklahoma City, KFOR reported.

The suspect reached speeds of 100 miles per hour at times, according to KOKH.

He was also allegedly seen tossing multiple bags out of the window of his SUV, KFOR reported.

“The suspect in the car was throwing out baggies or dumping baggies with some substance in it,” Sheriff Johnson confirmed. “At this time, we don’t know what that is. It still has to be tested to determine what it is.”

The chase came to an end after Kiser drove into the parking lot of the Oklahoma County Detention Center and abruptly surrendered in the jail parking lot, KFOR reported.

McIntyre Law Chopper 4 pilot Mason Dunn watched the strange ending go down.

“Now, I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’ve never seen anybody drive themselves to the jail,” Dunn told KFOR.

Sheriff Johnson agreed it was an odd turn of events.

“He was going to be taken there anyway,” he told KFOR. “So, you know, kudos to him. Made it a lot easier on us, but we would have liked it if he just pulled over and we could have handled things in a much easier, safer way.”

Kiser was booked into the detention center on charges of possession of a controlled substance, destroying evidence, possession of paraphernalia, and eluding a police officer, KFOR reported.

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."