• Search

Ex-NFL Player Zac Stacy Told Cops That Attack On Girlfriend Was ‘Staged’ To Get Money Out Of Him

Orlando, FL – Newly-released bodycam video showed former NFL running back Zac Stacy told police that the horrifying attack seen on video had been staged by his ex-girlfriend who was upset that he didn’t want to have a relationship with her after their baby was born (video below).

Orlando police bodycam showed that when officers intercepted Stacy as he arrived at the airport on Nov. 18, he was cooperative and allowed himself to be put into handcuffs.

Stacy told the officers he had tried to turn himself in while he was in Nashville but was told to go back to Orlando, the video showed.

“The whole thing was staged. All she’s trying to do is get money out of me,” the former football player explained.

“She got a reaction out of me,” he told the officer in the video. “She knew I was down. She knew I was going through anxiety, depression. She knew I was trying to close this gap that was between me and my son.”

“And she’s just upset that she got caught,” Stacy continued. “And she’s upset I’m not taking care of her like she expected. And now she took it this far.”

He said he had returned to Florida to turn himself in, the video showed.

Stacy was arrested and booked into the Orange County Jail on Nov. 18 on charges of criminal mischief and aggravated battery, FOX News reported. 

The incident Stacy was referring to occurred at about 2 p.m. on Nov. 13 at the home of Kristin Evans, Stacy’s ex-girlfriend and the mother of his child, WKMG reported. 

The attack was captured on the home’s surveillance cameras and showed Stacy lost his temper when Evans was talking to him.

“… things are way different now,” the woman told the much-larger man in the video a split second before he hit her in the head with whatever he was holding in his hand.

Video showed the 30-year-old former NFL player took a second swing at Evans head and then picked her up and threw her across the room and into the television.

Evans hit the ground and the television fell on top of her.

Stacy went to the door in the video as if he were about to leave and then he turned around and went after Evans again as she lay curled up on the floor.

The video showed Stacy looming above her as she drew her limbs together to protect herself.

“Please, please, please,” Evans begged him, holding her arms over her face in the video.

“You thought that was okay, that it ain’t gonna ruin a relationship? Talk about I’m destructive?” Stacy asked.

The video showed Stacy bent down to hit Evans again and then picked her up, and threw her back down to the ground on top of a baby bounce seat.

There was a loud crash as the baby gear broke and Evans hit the floor.

The baby could be heard screaming in the background of the video.

Then Stacy left the residence, stopping in the threshold to tell the baby that he loved him, the video showed.

Evans immediately called police after she was beaten but Stacy fled the scene before officers arrived, according to TMZ

She filed for a protective order for her and the five-month-old son she shares with Stacy on Nov. 15.

“He punched me several times in the head! I begged him to stop because the baby was on the couch just a few feet from where he punched me,” Evans wrote in her application for a restraining order, TMZ reported.

“He then picked me up and threw me into my TV,” the affidavit continued. “The TV began to fall and he turned to make sure I wasn’t getting up. As I laid on the floor he began to yell at me, telling me I’m destructive. He then picked me up off the floor and off my feet and body slammed me into our son’s bouncy seat.”

Court records showed Stacy was released on Nov. 20 on $10,150 bond, ordered to surrender his passport and told to stay away from the victim, WKMG reported.

On Nov. 24, he was back in court after prosecutors asked the judge to reconsider the conditions of the former football player’s bond.

Evans testified at the hearing because she hadn’t gotten an opportunity to do so at his arraignment, WKMG reported.

“I was slapped, punched, literally picked up and thrown into my TV,” she told the judge. “My injuries from this incident are serious and likely permanent from what I have been told.”

Evans asked the judge to increase Stacy’s bond and remand him to home confinement, WKMG reported.

The judge ultimately decided not to change Stacy’s bond amount but ordered the defendant not to return to the state of Florida unless it was for a court appearance.

Stacy’s attorney told the judge the former running back would be staying with his mother in Alabama until his trial, WKMG reported.

He also said that Stacy would be entering a 30-day mental health program in Colorado on Dec. 1.

Stacy made $3.4 million in salary in his three years playing in the NFL. He was picked in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams and rushed for 973 yards and scored eight touchdowns in his rookie year.

Watch Stacy explain the incident to police in the video below:

Written by
Sandy Malone

Managing Editor - Twitter/@SandyMalone_ - Prior to joining The Police Tribune, Sandy wrote the Politics.Net column for the Wall Street Journal and was managing editor of Campaigns & Elections magazine. More recently, she was an internationally-syndicated columnist for Conde Nast (BRIDES), The Huffington Post, and Monsters and Critics. Sandy is married to a retired police captain and former SWAT commander.

View all articles
Written by Sandy Malone


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."