New Fairfield, CT – A New Fairfield Middle School employee accused of sexually assaulting a student has been arrested.
Andie Rosafort, 31, was hired as a part-time cafeteria aide at New Fairfield Middle School in February of 2022, The News-Times reported.
The investigation into Rosafort began on Jan. 17, after officials at New Fairfield High School notified police about allegations she had possibly engaged in inappropriate contact with a student off-campus on Jan. 13, according to WFSB.
The parent of another student had contacted the school and told them that their child and the alleged victim had attended a gathering at a residence on Jan. 13.
The child called their parent the following day and sounded upset, according to police.
The child explained that their friend – the alleged victim – had left the gathering the night before and met up with Rosafort, WFSB reported.
The child told their parent they believed the meet-up involved sexual contact, according to police.
Connecticut State Police (CSP) investigators spoke with the alleged victim and discovered Rosafort had been communicating with the juvenile on social media through private messages for several months, according to The News-Times.
Investigators said Rosafort sent the teen unsolicited, sexually explicit videos and images of herself and asked the juvenile to send her sexually explicit images as well.
She allegedly asked the victim to meet up with her on Jan. 13 and ended up picking the victim up in her SUV, The News-Times reported.
According to police, the school employee parked the vehicle a short distance away from the party and then “had contact of a sexual nature with them, inside of the SUV.”
“According to the victim, they felt uncomfortable, exited the SUV, and immediately returned to the gathering at their friend’s house,” the CSP said.
One of the victim’s friends said they saw some of the messages while helping the victim block Rosafort on social media, The News-Times reported.
Police said they found “several screen recordings of videos on a social media platform containing explicit content and depicting an individual identified by investigators as Rosafort” during a search of the victim’s cell phone.
Rosafort’s social media and cellphone data records allegedly included “photos and videos consistent in appearance with those described by the victim,” according to CSP.
The CSP obtained a warrant for Rosafort’s arrest on Feb. 17, The News-Times reported.
She is now facing charges of enticing a minor by computer, second-degree sexual assault, and risk of injury to a minor.
Rosafort turned herself in to CSP Troop A in Southbury the morning of Feb. 20 and was later released on a $100,000 bond, The News-Times reported.
Her arraignment hearing is slated to take place in Connecticut Superior Court in Danbury on March 1.
New Fairfield Schools Superintendent Kenneth Craw sent out a letter to families and staff on Feb. 21 regarding the arrest, The News-Times reported.
“We are deeply troubled by these charges,” Craw wrote. “As I have said previously, the district does not tolerate conduct that endangers the safety and well-being of students.”
The school district immediately placed Rosafort on administrative leave when the allegations came to light on Jan. 17, The News-Times reported.
She resigned from her position the following day, Craw confirmed.
The superintendent said Rosafort “has not been permitted on school grounds since we learned of the allegations, including within the school buildings of the New Fairfield Public Schools,” The News-Times reported.
“This directive continues to be in effect,” he added. “Local law enforcement will be contacted if she accesses school grounds.”
Craw said the case is also a key example of the importance of protecting children while they’re online, The News-Times reported.
“The district remains steadfast in its commitment to ensuring the safety of our students,” he said. “This situation highlights the importance of providing students and families with information about internet safety.”
The school district will host a series of internet safety presentations on March 13 for students in grades four through 12 as part of that effort, The News-Times reported.