• Search

Antifa Doxes Portland Cop, Brags About Vandalizing His Car Outside Of His Home

Portland, OR – An Antifa group doxed a Portland police officer online and boasted about having vandalized his vehicle while it was parked outside his home earlier this week.

Details about the incident were contained in an anonymous post on a self-proclaimed “anarchist counter-info platform” known as Rose City Counter-Info, The Post Millennial reported.

“Overnight, anarchists visited PPB cop Andrew Hearst at his home in Vancouver Washington,” the post read. “A personal vehicle that belongs to Andrew Hearst was discretely sabotaged.”

“If you thought we would forget Quanice Hayes and Merle Hatch, the victims of Andrew Hearst, you are wrong,” the anarchists wrote.

They claimed Hayes, 17, was “murdered” by Officer Hearst “execution style” while Hayes “was complying with the conflicting orders the pigs were giving him.”

They further alleged that Hatch was simply gunned down as he was having “a mental health crisis” outside a hospital while “holding a broken phone handle.”

The group released Officer Hearst’s wife’s name, as well as the couple’s address and personal vehicle information, and invited others to “pay a visit” to their home.

“To every other killer cop who sleeps peacefully: if you think we would forget the people you killed, or forget our anger over time, you will find out the hard way that we always remember,” the post read. “Hiding in your white suburbia house is not going to make you safe. You will never be safe. See you soon.”

A PPB spokesperson confirmed to The Post Millennial that they are aware of the threatening post.

The spokesperson would not comment when the news outlet asked it the matter had been referred to federal law enforcement for further investigation, The Post Millennial reported.

Officer Hearst, a 12-year veteran of the Portland Police Bureau (PPB), was previously cleared by grand juries in both fatal officer-involved shootings, Willamette Week reported.

The first incident occurred on Feb. 17, 2013, after 50-year-old Merle Hatch attempted to take a female Portland Adventist Medical Center security guard hostage using an object concealed in his waistband that he claimed was a gun, according to The Oregonian.

Hatch, who showed up at the hospital voluntarily earlier in the night using the alias of Daniel Fox, had told medical staff he had been using methamphetamine, according to court documents.

Investigators later discovered he was a federal prison escapee who failed to show up at a halfway house in Colorado after being released from prison on a bank robbery conviction, The Oregonian reported.

He was also suspected of carrying out two more bank robberies during the five days he was on the run, police said.

Hatch abandoned his kidnapping attempt and fled the hospital, then proceeded to jump on vehicles out in the parking lot while repeatedly pointing the alleged gun at citizens and law enforcement, The Oregonian reported.

“I’m coming to you then, pig. Let’s go! Let’s go!” Hatch yelled, just before he began sprinting towards officers with the item that appeared to be a firearm pointed at them.

Officer Hearst and two other PPB officers opened fire, hitting the suspect multiple times, The Oregonian reported.

Hatch was killed in the officer-involved shooting.

The object he was carrying ended up being the handle of a broken telephone, according to court documents.

A grand jury also cleared Officer Hearst of wrongdoing in the Feb. 9, 2017, officer-involved shooting death of Hayes, Willamette Week reported.

That incident occurred after the 17-year-old pointed a gun at a man and robbed him of his state food benefits card, according to police.

He ran from police on two occasions that night before they ultimately found him hiding in an alcove outside a house in Northeast Portland, Willamette Week reported.

Officer Hearst testified that Hayes began “looking around” as the officers ordered him to get down onto the ground.

“I’m thinking either he is looking for an avenue of escape to run or he’s looking at a target, an officer, to shoot,” the officer said. “And as he’s doing that, he takes his right hand and he drops it to the small of his back. But immediately, as he kind of puts it down, he pulls it back out. It’s like a fluid motion. And it just took my breath away. And I just remember, ‘oh, I almost shot you. Do you not realize what’s about to happen?’ I was just reeling from this reality that I almost shot this person.”

“But the second that that emotion kind of just went through me, in the same kind of fluid movement, once it’s brought out front, he reaches to the front of his waistband, and I fired my rifle,” Officer Hearst testified. “I hear it go off three times. Boom. Boom. Boom. And he immediately falls to his face.”

Officer Hearst said he knew that if he had let Hayes continue reaching for his weapon, he would not be able to stop him from shooting at him or his fellow officers, Willamette Week reported.

“So, it was absolutely a conscious decision on my part to defend myself, my co-workers and any citizen that might be behind me from the threat of him getting that gun out and shooting us,” he testified.

Investigators located a replica firearm next to Hayes’ body, The Columbian reported.

An autopsy revealed the teen had cocaine, hydrocodone, and benzodiazepines in his system at the time of the incident.

Despite the grand jury’s decision that Officer Hearst’s use of deadly force was justified, the Portland City Council doled out $2.1 million to his family to settle their wrongful death lawsuit, Oregon Public Broadcasting reported.

A majority of the councilmembers also apologized directly to Hayes’ family.

“I genuinely hope this settlement provides some level of relief after all the trauma and hardship the Hayes family has had to endure,” Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty said at the time. “But let me be clear: what is happening today is not justice. It’s not accountability. This decision does nothing to fix our broken system.”

“Every time this happens, we know we are not seeing justice,” Hardesty lamented, according to Oregon Public Broadcasting. “This is harming our community and making it increasingly difficult for Portlanders to trust their police bureau.”

Written by
Holly Matkin

Holly is a former probation and parole officer who is married to a sheriff’s deputy. She is a regular contributor to Signature Montana magazine, and has written feature articles for Distinctly Montana magazine.

View all articles
Written by Holly Matkin


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."