• Search

Admitted Child Rapist Fatally Shot After Leading Chase In Semi Cab, Pointing Gun At Cops

Hitchcock, TX – A man who admitted that he’d had sex with a 13-year-old girl was fatally shot by police last week after he tried to flee arrest in the cab of an 18-wheeler.

The Hitchcock Police Department said its investigation into 54-year-old George Alejandro began on Feb. 16 after he was accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, KHOU reported.

Investigators said that Alejandro met the little girl on social media and began an online relationship with her.

When he was interviewed by police detectives, Alejandro admitted that he picked the girl up near her school in Hitchcock and took her to a hotel, KHOU reported.

The suspect told detectives that he had sex with the preteen girl throughout the day.

The investigation was completed on March 6 and police got a warrant for Alejandro’s arrest on charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony, KHOU reported.

Hitchcock police officers tried to arrest the suspect at his residence on March 7, but he fled authorities in an “18-wheeler-type vehicle,” according to officials.

Police followed Alejandro in the semi-truck cab into a parking lot on Mosley Road near Bryant Street, in Southeast Houston just west of the Gulf Freeway near the William P. Hobby Airport, KHOU reported.

Officials said that Alejandro got out of the truck in the parking lot with a gun in his hand that he “raised at officers.”

So, two Hitchcock police officers fatally shot him, KHOU reported.

“The suspect verbally made it clear he did not intend to go to jail,” Hitchcock Police Chief Wilmon Smith told reporters, according to The Daily News.

Authorities have not yet disclosed how many times each officer fired their weapon.

Hitchcock Police Captain Jeffrey Evans said the officers administered First Aid until the Houston Fire Department arrived on the scene and took over.

Alejandro was transported by ambulance to Hermann Memorial Hospital where he later died, KHOU reported.

Chief Smith said none of his officers were injured during the incident.

The police chief said the Houston Police Department and the Harris County District Attorney’s Office are heading up the investigation into the officer-involved shooting, according to KHOU.

Written by
Sandy Malone

Managing Editor - Twitter/@SandyMalone_ - Prior to joining The Police Tribune, Sandy wrote the Politics.Net column for the Wall Street Journal and was managing editor of Campaigns & Elections magazine. More recently, she was an internationally-syndicated columnist for Conde Nast (BRIDES), The Huffington Post, and Monsters and Critics. Sandy is married to a retired police captain and former SWAT commander.

View all articles
Written by Sandy Malone


Sign up to our daily newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest events surrounding law enforcement!

Follow Me

Follow us on social media and be sure to mark us as "See First."